Why All Christians Should be Catholicby: Rev. John MacLaughlin
With clear, compelling logic bolstered by countless Scriptural confirmations, Fr. John MacLaughlin here considers the oft-heard claim that it doesn't matter what Christian denomination you join, so long as you're sincere.
Formally known as Indifferentism, this view has in recent centuries taken deep root among Christians. Indeed, indifferentism is the enemy not only of Protestantism and Catholicism, but of Christ Himself, who revealed to His apostles scores of truths about Himself and the way of salvation, never encouraging them to pick and choose among those truths.
Not only then, argues Fr. MacLaughlin, is one Christian denomination not as good as another; embracing the wrong one can lead a good-hearted soul into utter unbelief, jeopardizing his salvation.
For this reason, Fr. MacLaughlin devotes the second half of this immensely popular book to delineating for readers the two fundamental characteristics that will ever and always be found in the one Church that Christ founded and to which he intends all men and women to belong.
Among the things you will learn here:
- How indifferentism threatens your salvation
- Where Christ forbids preaching some doctrines while ignoring others
- The two marks the of the true church delineated by Christ Himself
- Denominational lethargy: how sticking with the Faith you were born into can violate the First Commandment . . . and risk your salvation
- Decrees of the Council of Jerusalem (ca. 50 a.d.): proof that the apostles themselves denied that one Christian faith is as good as another
- How consideration of indifferentism draws inquirers to the true church
- How the profusion of Protestant sects reveals the need for a final authority
- The universality of the True Church: lt existed already at Pentecost, before the Church spread beyond Jerusalem (and one Church has that very same universality today)
- The religion revealed by Christ: In its essentials, it's clear, definite, unchanging. Is yours?
- Be the first to review this product
WRITE YOUR REVIEW
Write Your Own Review
Most orders ship within 48 hours!
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $79
- Free shipping rates are for U.S. orders within the 48 contiguous states.
- Oversized custom church goods may incur additional shipping charges.
- Restrictions may apply to bulky, long, or oversized items.
- International orders will incur additional shipping charges.
- You will be contacted in advance with charge estimates.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $79 (some exceptions apply)
Contact Us for International Shipping